Fantom is a blockchain network used primarily for digital crypto payments, managing medical records and verifying digital identities. Some blockchains have replaced Ethereum, referred to as the L1, layer-1 or base layer, altogether, led by Fantom and other native coins, albeit with some dips from market-high values. Market-leading cryptocurrencies like Ethereum have countless applications but are expensive to trade, particularly for low-value trades where the fees can exceed the trade value. A recent 24-hour trading volume was over $661.64m, down 0.8% against the previous day. FTM was trading above the $2bn daily figure in early March, when market capitalisation was more than $5bn. FTM’s price is 79% down from the all-time high of $2.07 that was observed on 2 March 2022.
Note that you must swap ERC-20 FTM tokens for Opera FTM tokens before sending them to the PWA wallet. It’s compatible with nearly all operating systems and it also has a browser extension that’s compatible with Chrome and Brave. It was created by an international team of blockchain and computer scientists at the Fantom Foundation that included Ahn Byung Ik and the foundation’s CEO, Micahel Kong. One of the cheapest and easiest ways that you buy Fantom (FTM) directly with GBP is via CoinJar (1% fees).
Store Your Fantom (FTM) Tokens In A Crypto Wallet
Cryptocurrencies are speculative and investing in them involves significant risks – they’re highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and sensitive to secondary activity. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested. This content shouldn’t be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. Before you invest, you should get advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks.
FTM is the native token of the Fantom network, used to pay for transactions and given to users in the form of staking rewards. It also offers holders the ability to vote on changes to the protocol. However, you can purchase FTM crypto tokens on any of the platforms listed https://www.tokenexus.com/ethereum-exchange-where-can-you-buy-and-sell-eth/ above in our comparison table. Any platform that lets you buy and sell the leading coins by market cap will offer Fantom. We love Binance because it’s the largest crypto platform in the world. More than 30 million people use Binance to trade 350+ cryptocurrencies.
Step 2: Complete the KYC Verification Process
In most cases, the transaction fee is a percentage of the amount you are depositing. If the exchange does not allow you to buy Fantom using USD, you can change one cryptocurrency to the other. For example, if you already have Bitcoin in the exchange, you can exchange it for Fantom at the rate stipulated by the exchange. You can trade on the go from a mobile app and Nexo is designed for simplicity. We love OKX because it’s an adaptable and flexible exchange, with an app that’s available in three different versions depending on how you trade. Choose from the beginner-friendly Lite version, Web3 option for NFT traders, or the Pro version for a plethora of trading tools.
- Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade FTM by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees.
- Once your money is in your CoinSpot account, you are ready to buy some FTM (Fantom).
- Fantom is the 60th largest cryptocurrency project with a market cap of almost $566 million.
- Crypto.currency.com is a Gibraltar-based app to buy and sell crypto.
- In terms of pricing, the USD prices are $46,985 per BTC – a drop of 31.95 per cent from the all-time high of $69,045 in November 2021.
- If the exchange does not allow you to buy Fantom using USD, you can change one cryptocurrency to the other.
FTM tokens – with a limited supply of 3.175 billion – make the whole ecosystem function. They are used for payments, governance, fees, and staking rewards on the network. FTM is also available as an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum blockchain.
The Fantom Blockchain Explained
We would nevertheless like to point out that Fantom has all the features of a viable investment. Fundamental and technical analysts, as well as investor and social media sentiment indicators, are also hugely bullish on Fantom’s future price action. Developing a trading strategy will how to buy fantom contribute to making more organized trades. Due to it, you can reduce the risks of losing money and buy or sell positions at the right time. But to build a good trading plan, you must explore the market and consider all the factors that can influence the value of the Fantom coin.
- The FTM token is heavily supported by a range of trading pairs on Binance.
- Live cryptocurrency price data are available now in the Revolut app.
- They are used for payments, governance, fees, and staking rewards on the network.
- FTM is the native token of the Fantom network, used to pay for transactions and given to users in the form of staking rewards.
- The FTM token is necessary for transactions, staking, fee collection, and rewards in the Opera mainnet.
- The first step in buying Fantom (FTM) is to create an account on a cryptocurrency exchange that supports FTM trading.